As customer expectations continue to grow, improving customer experience is key to winning today’s empowered customers. Although retailers have recognized the need for a holistic customer experience, most of them fail to develop a unified and aligned across all channels commerce strategy.
Here are 10 interesting findings about customer experience that will make you rethink your strategy and put the customer first.
- 75% of consumers expect a consistent experience wherever they engage with a brand regardless of the channel (website, social media, mobile, in person), Salesforce
- 29% of millennial shoppers agree that sales associates need mobile devices to search a shopper’s profile information such as the transactions history, Salesforce
Related: Download our whitepaper “Loyalty transformation: Reinventing loyalty for clicks and mortar”
- Customers who had an unpleasant experience on your website are 88% less likely to return to your website, Adobe
- 89% of people are likely to recommend a brand after a positive brand experience on mobile, ThinkwithGoogle
- 65% of consumers are disappointed by the lack of in-store personalized discounts and promotions, Emarketer
- 57% of customers are uncomfortable with how companies use their personal or business information, Salesforce
- 51% of consumers claim that most companies don’t meet their expectations for great experiences, Salesforce
- By 2020, the demand for an omnichannel customer experience will be amplified by the need for nearly perfect execution, PWC
- 73% say that valuing their time is the most important thing a company can do to provide them with good online customer service, Forrester
- only 61% of digital business professionals have the right metrics in place to measure the effectiveness of the omnichannel experience, Forrester
According to a recent Econsultancy and Google survey, nearly 90% of top marketers say that they are currently building teams that solve for end-to-end customer experiences, and journeys across channels and devices.
What about you? Are you planning to invest in experience-first strategies? Talk to our customer experience experts today.