As consumers’ relationship with technology is rapidly evolving, brands are forced to keep up with digital trends if they want to stay on the top of their customers’ minds. Mobile is not a standalone channel, but a core part of the unified commerce, and therefore you need (if you haven’t already) to start improving mobile experiences.
After these interesting e-commerce findings that we had presented a few months ago, we are going to dive into some must-read statistics regarding the mobile market. Smartphones are your secret weapons to enhancing your relationship with your customers and these facts will help you better understand why you need to think mobile-first.
- By 2022 two-thirds of the global population will have a mobile phone, Forrester Research.
- 53% of people will abandon a mobile site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load, according to thinkwithgoogle.com.
- 89% of people are likely to recommend a brand after a positive brand experience on mobile.
- When people have a negative brand experience on their mobile, they are 62% less likely to purchase from that brand in the future than if they have a positive experience according to the same source.
- 51% of smartphone users have purchased from a company/brand other than the one they intended to because the information provided was useful, Thinkwithgoogle.com
- 76% of people who search on their smartphones for something nearby visit a business within a day.
- 86% of marketers ranked mobile loyalty campaigns as effective or very effective, Salesforce Commerce Cloud “2015 State of Marketing” report.
- According to the same report, 71% of marketers believe mobile marketing is core to their business.
Every brand in the retail industry should focus on mobile moments to leverage customer experiences.
Are you interested in learning more about reaching your customers through their mobile? Contact QIVOS team or visit our website.