Like any digital technology or consumer-based market, e-commerce has evolved over the years. As mobile devices became more popular, mobile commerce has become its own market. With the rise of sites like Facebook and Pinterest, social media has become an important driver of e-commerce.
We have found some interesting facts for e – commerce:
- Facebook drove 85 percent of social media-originating sales on e-commerce platforms, according to Paymill
- 81% of shoppers research their product online before purchasing, NUASoft
- On average, an online shopper will visit 3 websites before making their purchase, NUASoft
- Shoppers aged 18 to 34, spend more money online than other age groups
- 46% of mobile users say they are less likely to comparison shop when using an app
- Visitors are more likely to abandon their shopping cart if free shipping is not offered
- 71% of online shoppers believe that will get better value than shopping in the high street
- 92% of shoppers, read reviews before purchasing
- 55% of consumers would rather interact with technology in store than a sales associate, according to Forbes
- 88% of shoppers characterize detailed product content as being extremely important, according to CPC Strategy
- Free shipping is the incentive online shoppers want most (88%), Walker Sand Communication
- According to Twenga Solutions’ merchant survey, 29% of European retailers sell through 2 or 3 acquisition channels, while half are selling through more than 3 channels.
Now, the next thing is to get the knowledge on how can you combine e-commerce and loyalty to create the best result for your company.